The Child Law Project has been established to examine and report on child care proceedings in the courts, under Section 3 of the Child Care (Amendment) Act 2007 and in accordance with the 2012 Regulations (Regulation No 467 of 2012) made under the Act.
The project’s aims and objectives are to:
• Provide information to the public on child care proceedings in the courts;
• Conduct research on these proceedings in order to promote debate and inform policy-makers;
• Make recommendations to address any short-comings in the child care system identified by the research;
• Assist in the implementation of these recommendations;
• Promote confidence in the child care system.
Child Law Project
7 Red Cow Lane, Smithfield