Contact Us


Children's Rights Alliance
7 Red Cow Lane
Dublin 7

D07 XN29


Tel: (01) 662 9400


Emma McKinley
Tel: 087 6559067


Unfortunately we are not in a position to respond to individual queries as we do not have an in-house legal advisor or dedicated information officer.

If you have a child protection or welfare concern, please contact a duty social worker at Tusla (the Child and Family Agency) directly. A list of duty social workers for different counties and their contact details can be found here. They have information for organisations/individuals working with children and for parents/guardiansand family members. This service is available during normal office hours.

If a child is at risk outside office hours you should contact your local Gardaí immediately.

For information about the rights and entitlements of children and young people in Ireland our Know Your Rights guide for children and young people contains a lot of useful information. It includes information on the rights to be treated equally, education, health and protection from harm. It also deals with the rights of child migrants or refugees as well as rights in relation to the criminal law. The guide contains a section on where to seek further help for different issues as well as where to make a complaint if you feel your rights (or in the event that you are a parent/guardian, the rights of your child) have not been upheld.

Other sources of useful information include the Citizens Information  Board's website: You can contact their information line on 0761 07 4000 from Monday to Friday 9am - 8pm.

If you have a legal query you can phone the Free Legal Advice Centres on 1890 350 250 from 9am - 5pm Monday to Friday or visit FLAC also operates a nationwide network of free legal advice clinics where you can avail of first-stop legal advice from a qualified volunteer lawyer. For a list of their centres see:

If you wish to make a complaint about how a public or State body has treated a child or young person then contact the Office of the Ombudsman for Children (OCO). Information on making a complaint is available on their website:

If your query relates to a case of discrimination please refer to the website of the Irish Human Rights and Equality Commission (IHREC): You can also contact them on 1890 245 545 or by emailing

We hope you find this information helpful and that it helps to answer your query.